This will be an interactive class where chat box, annotations, breakout rooms, and skits will be incorporated, so please be ready to contribute!
Class time will be 1.5 hours a week and you will be required to do 30 minutes of homework in between classes.
Ideally a minimum of 8 households are required for the class to go ahead so there are enough participants for an active discussion.
Please note that high speed internet (ability to connect via video conferencing) is required for this class. It is best to log into Zoom with a computer (versus a phone) so you can see both screen sharing and participants to get the most out of the interactive style.
By participating in this parenting course, you will learn about:
- mutually respectful parenting tools that invite cooperation instead of challenging behaviour from your children
- how to nurture a sense of belonging and significance in your children
- the messages of misbehavior and how to break the code
- how to focus on solutions rather than punishment
- the difference between enabling vs. empowering
- the importance of nurturing resiliency
- how to minimise bedtime and morning hassles
- the role of emotions and the art of communication
- the difference between praise and encouragement
- how to distinguish between natural and logical consequences
- ways to establish regular family meetings and help children learn consultation skills
- ways to be more effective as a parent and have fun in the process
Questions? Email Chelsea at email@example.com